Sights for the Glock 19 are really important. It makes sure that you get a nice picture of the target while aiming. The main reason for using a sight is to improve your shooting efficiency. This is more like having an extra guidance to help you aim a lot quicker and shoot accurately. There are lots of sights available for Glock 19 on the market, but you will need to choose the Best sights for Glock 19 depending on quite a lot of features. According to the requirement and kind of usability you have, you will need to select your sight.
If you are never going to use it in the outdoors, then you might always prefer a night sight or low light sight, but if you need to shoot in the open air, you will require a sight that functions in both light conditions. Also, it is really important to keep the equipment in good shape, so, after you select your sight and buy it, you should take a good care of it to make sure it works fine for longer period.
Before choosing the Best sights for Glock 19, you need to know a bit about the type of sights available on the market.
- 3-Dot Sights: This type of sights has three dots: 2 for the rear and 1 for the front sight. With the tritium included, these sights make it really easier for the shooter to aim at the target even at night.
- 2-Dot Setup: To acquire the targets faster, these are the best of the lot. Comes with 2 dots only. The front sight is really bright, and you can for sure acquire the target a lot easily.
- I-Dot Setup: In these kinds of sights, you will have only 1 bigger and brighter dot to follow with. This helps in aiming quickly and fire with a lot of efficiencies.
- Sight Ledge: if you are going to use a handgun, then you might need to know about these sights for sure. The front sight is shaped like a triangle.
- U-Shaped Sight: This one is a professional sight, and can be used in the shooting competition.
How to select the Best sights for Glock 19?
- Bright: Evert sight has a dot and to make sure you see through the sight clearly, it is important that the dot is good enough bright.
- Accuracy: A sight must increase the accuracy of the shooting
- User-friendly: It is really important that you take minimal time to turn on the sight, this can significantly improve your effectiveness.
- Weight/Size: The size of the sight must be light and small enough to carry with your Glock.
- Durability: You must choose durable sight e so that you can carry it comfortably even in the outdoors.
- Reliability: You must be able to use the sight even after a few years without any problem.
Things to Consider While Buying
There was a time when people used to have the undercut sights. But these days with the semi-ramp sights, it has really become easier to have a better sight and hence a better shot as well. While shooting with your Glock, it is really important to have a nice sight picture, and only Best sights for Glock 19 can offer you this facility.
The front face of a sight is really important when it comes to fitting in all kinds of light. Although having a smooth surface might be a bit difficult in certain lighting conditions, as it might reflect off the surface, but still have a smoother surface can seriously improve the quality of your sight.
Normally when you shoot in a competition, you know the target backgrounds. In that kind of situation, you need to have a black sight to have a clear picture of the target. In case you have a mixed background, plain black sights might cause a little bit of problem. So, if you are going to a competition, plain black sights will do, but if the backgrounds are unknown to you, these sights might cause a little bit of problem.
Tritium is really important equipment for your Glock. This can help you while setting the sight for low light conditions. It even comes with the provision to adjust to the daylight as well. The maximum you can use a tritium for 10 years, so once the sight starts to perform badly, you might as well change it. Although tritium is the best thing to use in the low light, if you are using CCW or Le, you will need a white light to set your target.
Brass/ Gold Bead
When it comes to choosing a sight for the ambient light condition, Gold bead ones are the favorite for sure. Although it might provide a bit of contrast in the low light, but works quite fine.
This is one of the most used sights for the Glock. Be it a high light condition, or a low light condition, this sight is really good to use. Although for the low light condition you might need to use it with the white light you can always spot out the red dot in any lighting condition even if the target is moving quite a lot.
These are the basic points or some of the points that you might have to remember while you plan to buy a sight for your Glock 19. You need to understand your requirement and the kind of sight you need and accordingly choose your sight.
Here are top 5 of the sights that you can choose for your Glock.
So, in case you are looking for the Best sights for Glock 19, then the above given five Glock sight list must be of some help. But remember that there is a lot more than just these 5 sights. Although different manufacturers will claim their product to be Best sights for Glock 19, but, your job will be to choose the best without being biased.
All you need to do is just compare and find out what kind of sight should you require. Now that you know the criteria you need to look for while buying a sight for Glock, you can easily choose one amongst the available one in the market; just make sure that it covers almost all the criteria. Also, make sure that you compare the price of the product before you buy any of them. This will make sure that you will get not only the Best sights for Glock 19 but also the most affordable one available in the market.
So, what are you waiting for? Get one of those sights today and become a lot more efficient Glock shooter.